FREE Crochet Patterns - Add your favourite! | Forum

JFrank
JFrank May 29
Welcome to this ever-growing list of FREE crochet patterns! Add your favourite or check out what's here, find a good one and get your hook going. Have something that you're looking for? You can always enter your search term into the search bar at the top of the forum to see if it is here.

Be sure to sign up for notifications from this topic! New patterns are added all the time and you never know what might show up. First, you'll have to JOIN the site.

And I'd love to see how your final projects turn out! You can either add them here, or upload them to the PHOTOS section of the site.

The first free crochet pattern is...

Crochet: Sly Fox Hat

Totally cool and warm at the same time! Where i come from, we'd call this a toque,. Anywho, make this super awesome hat with the full pattern here - Sly Fox Hat

The Forum post is edited by JFrank Jun 4
JFrank
JFrank May 29

Cuddly Cat Crochet Scoodie with Pockets

I REALLY like this one! And if I didn't need to wear ear muffs to keep the wind out of my ears, I'd totally wear this. And may I also add, I had no idea these had a proper name... Scoodie. Who knew! But get your crochet hook out and get busy. Here's the free pattern - Cuddly Cat Crochet Scoodie with Pockets

The Forum post is edited by JFrank Jun 9
JFrank
JFrank May 29

Dog’s Crochet Bumble Bee Costume

How can I not share this! Free pattern is a PDF that you can get here - Dog’s Crochet Bumble Bee Costume

JFrank
JFrank May 29

Crocheted Ribbed Slippers

I'm going to be honest, this is one of my patterns that I have on my blog. It's written out in full there and is for children, men and women sizes. There are also links on my blog where you can download the pattern for your android and iOS devices. Here's the blog post - Crocheted Ribbed Slippers.

The Forum post is edited by JFrank May 29
JFrank
JFrank May 29

A Maiden's Glory Headdress

If only I had somewhere I could wear this.. But that shouldn’t stop anyone from making something that’s absolutely gorgeous. This crochet pattern not only includes instruction to make the lovely head gear but also includes the pattern for a matching choker. Get all of the how to info here -A Maiden's Glory Headdress

The Forum post is edited by JFrank May 29
JFrank
JFrank Jun 2

FLOPPY-BRIM HAT

Keep the sun out of your eyes with this wider brimmed hat. I can't verify the quality of the pattern, but the site says it's a free download - FLOPPY-BRIM HAT. If you make it, let us know how the hat turned out.

JFrank
JFrank Jun 2

CROCHET OWL BACKPACK PATTERN

So cute! What kid, or to be honest...adult, wouldn't want to have this to carry around their stuff. The pattern was originally written in French but was translated to English. The wording may be a bit off in spots but the pattern is totally easy enough to understand. Here it is - CROCHET OWL BACKPACK PATTERN

The Forum post is edited by JFrank Jun 2
JFrank
JFrank Jun 2
Crocheted Waves Bracelet

Made from crochet cotton thread and a single button, these bracelets are easy to make up in no time at all. The pattern is written out in full here - Crocheted Waves Bracelet

JFrank
JFrank Jun 2
CAL Crochet Road Play Mat

This is a wonderful tutorial done in episodes that show you how to make each component of the play mat. What a wonderful idea! And even better, there are video tutorials to help you along. Get started on this project with the first episode here - CAL Crochet Road Play Mat - Tutorial 1: Long Grass and Straight Road squares

JFrank
JFrank Jun 2
Crochet Realistic Roses

And because I liked the play mat so much, I took a look around this fabulous blog and found these! Make your own roses that are guaranteed to last forever. The pattern in written out in full and like the play mat, includes a video to help you along. Get the it all here - Crochet Realistic Roses

JFrank
JFrank Jun 2
Rag Rug Tutorial

My grandma used to make these rugs ALL the time. And when I mean all the time I mean she used to do quite nicely at the local farmer's market selling these to folks. 

These rugs are made from old sheets and clothing and really are the epitome of recylcing. My grandma was ahead of her time TBH. 

The pattern isn't so much as a pattern as more as general directs in how to prepare the material and how to do it. Like she says, it really is more by feel than anything to get it to lay flat. If you'd like to give it a go here's the link - Rag Rug Tutorial

JFrank
JFrank Jun 2

CROCHETED TWO COLOR PLASTIC BAG HOLDER

Jazz up the storage for all those old plastic shopping bags with this super pretty holder. Get the pattern here – Crochet Plastic Bag Holder

JFrank
JFrank Jun 2
CAT TOYS

Be a purist and crochet your favourite kitty his or her very own cat toy. You could even put in some cat nip for that extra cat buzz. And if it won't drive you crazy in the middle of the night, adding a bell may be a good idea too! Get the pattern here - cat toy 

The cat looks so unimpressed... 

The Forum post is edited by JFrank Jun 3
JFrank
JFrank Jun 2
CROCHET DOG COAT

Since the wee kitty got an entry, feels wrong not to include something for the dog. The pattern is designed for small to extra large dogs so certainly you can make it to fit Sir Barks-a-lot. Get the pattern here - CROCHET DOG COAT

JFrank
JFrank Jun 4

SUNDRESS/SKIRT

How awesome is this! The pattern says it can be worn as a dress (as shown) or as a skirt. The way that it's made makes it looks as if it would be very body friendly regardless of your shape. Get it here - SUNDRESS/SKIRT

JFrank
JFrank Jun 4

Sheep Slippers

Love these! Rated as an intermediate pattern, this may not be a great one for you to tackle if you're newer to the fine art of crochet. The pattern is written as fairly general with size small to large. Read the pattern here - Sheepy Slippers

The Forum post is edited by JFrank Jun 4
JFrank
JFrank Jun 4
This is a bit different for crochet. It uses a special technique known as tunisian crochet. You'll need to use a long crochet hook to do this. You can get them most places that sell crochet hooks including big box stores. 

The pattern shows you how to do the stitch and make these special washcloths - TUNISIAN CROCHET WASHCLOTHS

JFrank
JFrank Jun 4
Tunisian Folk Inspired Afghan 

Sticking with the tunisian theme, this afghan is made in a similar way to the washcloth above, just bigger. Much bigger. 

The squares themselves are done individually and then the pattern is cross stitched on. 

To read the pattern and learn how to do the stitch - Crochet an Afghan

JFrank
JFrank Jun 4
8-PETAL FLOWER AFGHAN SQUARE

Crochet yourself an afghan with a 3 dimensional flower. I think a bunch of these sewn together would look lovely, but like all afghans...so much work.

If you're feeling inspired and wanting a larger project, here's the link - 8-PETAL FLOWER AFGHAN SQUARE

JFrank
JFrank Jun 4
Super Slipper Socks

Not just a pair of socks, but did you see that flower! That's what sold me and made me add this here.

One of my favourite websites is Craftsy, both as a user and as a seller. You can download this pattern from the site for free. A great crochet pattern to follow if you're a beginner - Super Slipper Socks

Pages: 1 2 »

Welcome

Click here to JOIN and add your PHOTOS, VIDEOS, MUSIC and more... On mobile? Click the 3 lines in the left-hand corner to explore this site.

Support this Site

Like the site? Why not buy me a virtual beer through PayPal.Me. Any amount is appreciated!

How to Add Spotify

Want me to share your photos through The Happy Cabbage's Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & Twitter accounts? Click here for more info.